Because anything can happen, MCS Group has an alliance with Seguro Atlas, so you don´t need to cross those fingers during the journey.
Why should I buy freight insurance?
The freight forwarder and carries have limited responsibility for the goods in case of loss of damage and sometimes it doesn´t cover natural disasters.
What does my freight insurances covers?
- Seawater or freshwater flooding.
- Mud and grease damage.
- Breakage and other physical loss or damage (applies only on new goods).
- Total loss of package.
- Collision or contact of the conveyance with external object.
What does my freight insurances doesn´t cover?
- Explosives, flammable and/or radioactive.
- Fish flour.
- Sugar and/or coffee.
- Samplers of any kind.
- Tobacco in any presentation.
- Cotton in any presentation.
- Jewelry or precious metals.
- Credit Cards.
- Film negatives.
- Any good that is prohibit by the current law.
- Abandoned good for more than 48 hours.
- Spoilage or other damages due to the product´s nature.
- Destruction or hold of the goods by the authority.
- Rejected the delivery goods by the client.
- Improper packing and handling symbols.
- Overweight and/or over dimensions of the package authorized by the proper authority.
What is the period of validity of my freight insurance?
The goods are under protection since they are received in MCS´s sales point and/or office till 48 hours after arriving its final destination indicated on the bill of landing.
What is the freight insurance deductible?
10% of the value of the good with a minimum of 40 DSMGVDF (Days of Minimum wage at Mexico City).
How to make a claim?
You must notify us of what has happen and send us a description of the good that was insurances within 48 hours of the incident.
You must sent us a full detail description within 60 days of the pre-claim with all the supporting information and documents:
- Valuation Certificate of the incident .
- Copy of the invoice of the good.
- Copy of the bill of landing including the description of the good.
- Shipment list.
- Pictures of the incident.
- Any additional documents that the insurances company may need.
How to report an incident?
You must send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of arriving the good.
- The insurance company can replace the good (same model and quality) instead of the money.
- The compensation would be pay at a local Seguros Atlas´office within 40 days after receiving all documentation.
- The compensation cannot be more than the declared value and the declared value cannot be more than value on the invoice .
Destinies that are not cover by the insurance:
- Burkina Faso.
- Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Ivory Coast.
- Central Republic of Africa.
In case you are not comfortable with the resolution of your incident you can present a claim on Unidad de Atencion Especializada (UNE) or Comisión Nacional para la Protección y Defensa de los Usuarios de Servicios FInancieros (CONDUSEF), in any of their local offices.